#Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t find the answer to your question, you can send an email to the corresponding contact on this page.
Can I receive a letter of invitation?
Yes. First, you have to pre-register. At the end of the form, please indicate that you need an invitation letter, and other information that you may need.
How to register and pay registration fees?
Registration is not opened yet. We will contact you as soon as the online payment plateform is ready, so that you can proceed with your final registration.
How much does it cost?
In addition to your travel expenses, you have to pay registration fees to attend COY11. Details of the different packages are available on this page.
Do you provide funding or scholarships?
Sorry, we are unable to provide fundings or scholarships to come to COY11. We encourage you to seek financial support by yourself.
Good luck, we are looking forward to seeing you at COY11! 🙂
Can you provide me with an estimate of the costs of my journey?
- Visa Fees: please get in touch with french embassy in your country to get information for visa fees. There are often around €60, but may vary according to the country.
- Airfare: please check airlines rates from your country to Paris for the end of November
- Airport Transfer: A return from the airport will be around €20
- Conference Registration Fees: It depends on the package you choose: you can find details on this page
- Accommodation: Some of our packages include accommodation: €40 package includes 4 nights in couchsurfing and €120 package 4 nights in youth hostel
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch are included in packages; you are responsible for diner. Diner may cost you between €5 (sandwich) and €15 (restaurant).
How to obtain a visa?
You have to make an application for a visa by yourself. More information is available on the website of the embassy of France in your country.
As soon as you have pre-registered, you will receive an official letter of invitation to help you obtain a visa.
Are my travelling expenses to COY11 taken care of?
No, packages only take care of transportation in Paris (in particular between accommodation places and Villepinte, where COY11 will take place). Participants are responsible for their own transportation and related travel expenses from their place of residence.
Can we be accommodated together?
Yes, this is possible upon request, please contact Hélène at email@example.com.
Are the prices per night or for the entire event?
Prices include 4 days of accommodation. They are not prices per day.
Why is diner not included in the package?
So that you can discover Paris and its gastronomy! 🙂 In the evening, we will be in Paris, a city of great diversity. You can easily find food at various prices.
Do you provide assistance to disabled people?
Yes! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to discuss how to offer you the best experience possible during COY11.
Does participation to COY11 enable me to participate to COP21?
No, but there are various ways to participate to COP21:
- Participate to events organized by civil society: they are opened to everyone, and you can join them whether or not you participate to COY11;
- Be present in the official “blue zone” where the COP21 takes place: for that, you need an official accreditation issued by the UNFCCC, that can be obtained by certain NGOs. COY11 organizers cannot help you to obtain an accreditation.
Can you help me to find accommodation during COP21?
For COP21 (from the 30th of November to the 11th of December), we can help you to find affordable accommodation. Please contact email@example.com.
Keep in mind that you will have to take the necessary steps to get your accommodation (booking, etc.).